Attack The Block 2

0
171
Source: Screen Rant

Storyline / Plot

The aliens have re-entered the market. Attack the Block 2, a decade after it became a sci-fi cult classic and launched the career of its star John Boyega, is being produced by Studiocanal, Film4, Complete Fiction Pictures, and UpperRoom Productions, with Boyega expected to reprise his role as Moses.

In the original, Moses rallied his friends against a horde of evil extraterrestrials attempting to take over their neighbourhood. Joe Cornish will write, direct, and produce the sequel with Boyega (via his Upper Room Productions banner), Nira Park (via the new Complete Fiction banner she co-founded with Cornish and Edgar Wright), and James Wilson.

Release

It is, in reality, going to occur. A sequel to the smash cult success Attack the Block is in the works a decade later. While the original film did not perform well at the box office, the performances of its breakout stars, John Boyega (Star Wars) and writer-director Joe Cornish, earned favourable reviews and cemented the film’s position in the sci-fi genre.

Though rumours of a Boyega-Cornish reunion had been circulating for some time, the official announcement of a sequel on Monday (May 17) ignited a flurry of excitement online.

Casting

As previously said, John Boyega, a national treasure, will reunite with Cornish for the sequel. “It’s been a decade since Attack the Block debuted, and so much has changed,” Boyga said in a tweet. I’m excited to see this heightened story return to London’s streets.

“It’s an honour to welcome back Moses, who has always been one of my favourite characters to play.” Boyega is also listed as a co-producer on the film.

Nothing is known about the other members of the original cast. The sequel will be written and directed by Cornish, whose first feature film was Attack the Block. I’m excited to collaborate with John once more and offer viewers an even bigger slice of inner-city alien action.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here