Frank Herbert’s Dune has long been considered as a seminal work in the science fiction genre. Despite a few failed attempts to adapt his epic storey for the big screen, admirers of the novel are still waiting for a good Hollywood adaptation. They’ll give it another go shortly. Warner Bros. Studios will release Dune, directed by Denis Villeneuve and starring Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Oscar Isaac, and a slew of other A-list performers, this autumn. Dune is one of the year’s most anticipated films.
What’s the plotline?
Frank Herbert’s science fiction novel Dune was published in 1965. The storey takes place on the harsh planet Arrakis, which is rich in the “spice” known as melange, a highly sought-after chemical with the ability to lengthen life and heighten awareness.
Arrakis is ruled by the Atreides family. When they are duped, the young Paul Atreides is compelled to embark on a journey to save his family and all of Arrakis. Despite the fact that there will be sequels, this version of Dune will only cover half of Herbert’s original novel.
Who will be casting?
Dune requires a huge degree of talent in front of the camera. Dune, starring Chalamet, Zendaya, and Isaac, is packed from head to toe. Here’s a more in-depth look at who’s in Dune and who’s playing who:
- Paul Atreides – Timothée Chalamet
- Chani – Zendaya
- Duke Leto Atreides (Oscar Isaac)
- Lady Jessica is played by Rebecca Ferguson.
- Duncan, Idaho – Jason Momoa
- Gurney Halleck (Josh Brolin)
- Glossu “Beast” by Dave Bautista Rabban
- Stilgar – Javier Bardem
- Gaius (Charlotte Rampling) Mohiam, Helen
- Baron Stellan Skarsgard Harkonnen, Vladimir
- Piter De Vries – David Dastmalchian
- Henderson, Stephen McKinley Thufir Hawat (Thufir Hawat)
- Dr. Wellington Yueh – Chen Chang
- Liet Kynes – Sharon Duncan-Brewster
- Jamis Babs Olusanmokun
When will Dune release?
Fans have been waiting for Dune for a long time. It was initially intended to be published on November 20, 2020, but was moved back to December 18, 2020, due to the pandemic causing everyone in Hollywood to rearrange their schedules. Dune, like many other big-budget films scheduled for release in 2020, was postponed until 2021. Dune will now be released in theatres on October 22nd (after a premiere at the Venice International Film Festival).