Star Trek Discovery is an American web TV series, aired on 24th September 2017. It is a Science-Fiction, Adventure and Drama series created by Bryan Fuller and Alex Kurtzman. Star Trek Discovery is a decade old storyline (launched before the events of the original Star Trek series) having the main character Michael Burnham and her colleagues in the USS discovery who has traveled to space to seek new life’s existence and to discover new planets far across in the space. And due to the uniqueness of the storyline, it received huge applauds.
When it’s going to be released:
The renewal of the 3rd season happened in February 2019 & the shooting of the series has been done in-between July 2019 to February 2020 in Toronto, Canada. Initially, it was supposed to be ready by May 2020, however, due to global pandemic situation, some of the part of the production has been done secretly. The team is working remotely to complete the post-product part left for the series.
During an Instagram Live event, Anthony Rapp (Paul Stamets) said in the comments: “They’re currently editing and doing visual effects for Season 3, but it’s shifting to work from home so it’ll be slower than usual. No word yet as to how long that will take or when it will be released…”
The season 3 is set to be released anytime in 2020 or later with 13 episodes, however, there are no official dates released for the same. So fans need to wait a little longer to see what comes next. Casting member of season 3 may remain the same with some new additions and deductions as per the upcoming plots in season 3.
– Sonequa Martin-Green as Michael Burnham (A science specialist on USS Discovery)
– Doug Jones as Saru (First officer of the USS Discovery)
– Anthony Rapp as Paul Stamets (Chief engineer aboard Discovery and a science officer specializing in astromycology)
– Shazad Latif as Voq / Ash Tyler (Voq, an albino Klingon, undergoes extensive surgery to pose as the human Ash Tyler, who becomes chief of security for Discovery)
– Mary Wiseman as Sylvia Tilly (A cadet assigned to Discovery)
– Wilson Cruz as Dr. Hugh Culber (Medical officer aboard Discovery and Stamets’s husband)
– Jason Isaacs as Gabriel Lorca (Captain of the Discovery)
– David Ajala as Cleveland “Book” Booker.
Adil Hussain will be also seen in some notable characters.
There is an official trailer with some glimpse of the upcoming episodes which show us the futuristic years in the 32nd century. At the end of the second season, after the war has ended, the discovery enterprise was able to detect the 7th signal after getting the other 6 signals. They investigate an unknown strange figure as “Red Angel”. The story is not in continuation with the 2nd season. The discovery will be a show to travel into the 32nd century I.e. 900 years in the future from now. Sounds mysterious and quite interesting to witness, right?
Stay tuned to know more about it.