How to Take Screenshot on Mac?
There are different ways through which you can take screenshot on Mac. If you are new to Mac and don’t know how to capture a screenshot, then you should go through the steps given below.
How to take Screenshot on Mac?
Method 1: Taking screenshots using keyboard commands
The best and the easiest way of taking screenshots on your Mac device is by using keyboard commands. The good thing about Mac is that it allows you to capture different types of screenshots.
Here you with the details:
Capturing the entire screen:
- To take a screenshot of the full screen, you need to press the keys command + shift + 3 keys. You need to press all of the keys simultaneously.
- This will save a copy of the screenshot in your device. You can save the screenshot in the clipboard by pressing the same combination of keys with the Control key.
You will get to see the preview of the screenshot in the corner of the screen. This allows you to quickly access the editing tools.
Also Read : Free Reverse Phone Lookup Services
Capturing a single window:
- To take a screenshot of a single window, you need to press the keys command + shift + 4 keys, all of them simultaneously. You will notice the pointer turn into a crosshair
- Now press the spacebar and it will turn the pointer into a camera icon.
- You can move the pointer over the available windows and you will see it getting highlighted. This means only that window will be captured.
- Now click on the window you want to capture.
The image you capture is a transparent PNG with its shadow. If you don’t want the shadow, then you need to press and hold the Option key on the keyboard.
Capturing a selected area:
- To capture only a specific part or area of the screen you need to press command + shift + 4 keys simultaneously.
- Now drag the pointer to the part of the screen that you want to capture. Once you let go of the mouse, the screenshot will be saved on your device.
If you want, you can also save it to your clipboard by pressing the same combination with the Control key.
Method 2: Capturing screenshots with Grab
Grab is an application that comes pre-stalled in your Mac device. It allows you to capture screenshots directly from the menu bar.
- The first thing you need to do is to launch the app from the utilities folder. You will find this folder in the application folder. When you open the app, you will get to see the app icon on the dock.
- You can now use the capture menu system to capture screenshots. Alternatively, you can also make use of the keyboard shortcuts.
One of the good things about Grab is that it allows you to take timed screenshots. In other words, it gives you a 10 seconds delay before taking the screenshot. This allows you to adjust the screen the way you want it to appear in the screenshot. In this way you can Take Screenshot on Mac